Patients can contact VitaMinds in a variety of ways as below.
- Online referral: Self-referral or professional and assisted referral through the VitaMinds website.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Digital Assistant: This allows for a pre-assessment style referral, asking questions that triggers a call back within 24 hours (or sooner) if there is any presentation of risk. This can be accessed via the VitaMinds website.
- Telephone - 0333 200 1893 (8am – 8pm Monday to Wednesday, 8am – 5pm Thursday to Friday, closed Saturdays)
- Text “YOU” to 88802
- There is also a range of useful online support guides available via the VitaMinds website.
Patients can immediately access Computerised Cognitive Behavioural Therapy programmes and a variety of Wellbeing Tips via this partner website.
- Space for Sleep
- Space for resilience
- Space from Stress
The following Low-Intensity Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (LICBT) options are all available with this service:
- Depression (and depression for students)
- GAD – General Anxiety Disorder
- CHD – coronary heart disease
- Chronic Pain
- Diabetes Wellbeing
- Lung Conditions
- Worry management
- Low mood
- Living with Long-term conditions
- Low Intensity Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (ICBT)
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
High Intensity therapy options are also available:
- High Intensity Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Couples Therapy for Depression
- Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Mindfulness based Cognitive Therapy for Depression (MBCT)
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT)
High Intensity Webinars:
- Long Term Conditions: Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and Fibromyalgia
- Living Well with Long Covid
- Living Well with Chronic Pain and or Fatigue
Long Term Health Conditions
Within the Long-Term Health Conditions pathway, we offer one on one appointments, webinars, computerised CBT, and resources aimed at patients struggling with the impact of Long-Term Condition(s) on their mental health. There is an active engagement with the health care teams to offer support for conditions such as Stroke, Lung Conditions, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain, Diabetes, Coronary Heart Disease and Long Covid.
VitaMinds are also able to provide support for individuals who need help with some of the wider determinants affecting their mental health as below:
- Waiting Well: Access to online support classes on sleep, stress, solution focused therapy and an introduction to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Healthy Living Healthy Minds: To support physical activity and healthy lifestyles to improve mental health. This includes an initial assessment with a Health & Wellbeing Coach, one on one health coaching sessions and a series of online webinars and exercise classes suitable for beginners.
- Wellbeing Navigation: To offer support, signposting and short-term intervention with practical issues impacting on the patient’s life. This currently offers one on one telephone and virtual Teams support identifying barriers to change and exploring options with a Wellbeing Navigator. Webinars and self-help guides also forms part of this service.
- Partnership: VitaMinds offers a variety of partnerships with City Farms for a range for a range of wellbeing courses for those who need this. There is also partnership with Bluebell Care for perinatal mental health support
VitaMinds provides a mix of face to face and virtual service provision, including therapy available over the phone.
- This service reviews circa 600 referrals per week across Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire.
- The approximate waiting time for an initial assessment appointment is 7-14 days.
- There are low waiting times for Low Intensity Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
- There are higher waiting times for High Intensity CBT and therapies.
- Priority is given to Veterans, Postnatal and Perinatal parents
- Signposting and referral to external services is part of the support offered for clients.